Illinois Professional Educator's License Renewal
The State Board of Education’s conversion from certification to licensure is now mostly complete. Additionally, the governor has signed into law the new professional development requirements for teachers and administrators. Here you will find implementation tips on both of these issues.
- We encourage you to log into the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) as soon as possible to ensure that your license and endorsements are correctly listed.
- Any licensure issues should be immediately reported to ISBE by emailing email@example.com.
- Teachers and administrators must log into ELIS each and every year to register their license. Every five years, licenses must be renewed. IPA will provide more information on this process when it becomes available.
- Failure to complete the licensure registration or renewal process by September 1st will result in a lapsed license. To reinstate a lapsed license, an individual must pay $500 or complete 9 hours of college coursework.
- Individuals who retire (and are eligible for TRS annuity) can place their license in “retirement status” and will not need to complete professional development or Administrators’ Academies.
- For more information, click HERE.